Forum

Found a unicorn

NEW FORUM LAYOUT!  PASSWORD MUST BE RESET!!! 

Use the Lost Your Password? option on the login/sign-in screen to make a new password.

NEW FORUM BOOKMARK = http://thehuntergt.com/wordpress/community

(I saw a couple of posts made right as I switched.  Feel free to repost.  They were lost sorry.)

Found a unicorn  

RSS
Dig-on
(@dig-on)

I am about ready to close a deal on an original Land Ranger.  There are not that many out in the wild.  It fell just below the top of the line back in the day, so not that many were sold.
Back I first got into detecting with my Tracker IV this ,along with the Time Ranger , were the units I always wanted to own.  While this was going on, the buzz about the T2 was just starting.  Guess what machine is next on my list? Lol
Btw, picking it up for 60 bucks. 
I think I have a machine hoarding problem lol.

Eurotek Pro, Eurotek, Land Ranger Pro, Land Ranger, Time Ranger, Tracker IV 
White’s Classic III SL, White’s Classic ID, White’s IDX Pro,
2@White’s Coinmaster Classic III
White’s Classic II SL, White’s Treasure Master, Tesoro Mojave

Posted : January 1, 2019 8:11 AM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

I am about ready to close a deal on an original Land Ranger.  There are not that many out in the wild.  It fell just below the top of the line back in the day, so not that many were sold.
Back I first got into detecting with my Tracker IV this ,along with the Time Ranger , were the units I always wanted to own.  While this was going on, the buzz about the T2 was just starting.  Guess what machine is next on my list? Lol
Btw, picking it up for 60 bucks. 
I think I have a machine hoarding problem lol.

I say go for it.  No such thing as hoarding detectors!  It's called "collecting" of course.  Very similar to the Time Ranger....a sleeper unit that can reach 7-8 inches if setup correctly (in decent soil).  For most units then...that was top end as you say.  

Also as you say...along came the T2/F75/F70 and everybody played catchup for a decade...some still are....

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2019 9:30 AM
Dig-on
(@dig-on)

Received the unit.  It does turn on, but that is all it will do so far.  Kinda bummed, but I did buy it online from a second hand store.  I’m waiting to hear from FT about a possible repair.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2019 11:55 PM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

Yeah, that kinda sucks.  Hopefully, they will be able to take a look.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2019 1:29 AM
Dig-on
(@dig-on)

Yeah, that kinda sucks.  Hopefully, they will be able to take a look.

They said they can repair it.  Which means they might still have some old parts.  I will be calling for the RA number, then sending it in to be evaluated.  Hopefully it doesn’t cost too much to fix.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2019 3:34 AM
Dig-on
(@dig-on)

2AB4F337 7B04 4565 BE8F 2C8494224BF1

I got it back yesterday.  The only original part looks to be the case.  They installed a new board and faceplate.  Also put on new decals.  They must have a good amount of old stock lying around for the older machines.  

I sent it in with an older 4” coil.  They returned it with a new 8” coil.  I guess they figured I needed an upgrade lol.

I also paid for a 4” Ultra coil to be shipped with it.  

Very happy with the whole process.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 13, 2019 1:44 PM
oldtimerocker52, DOUBLE D, TheHunterGT and 1 people liked
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

Glad to see they gave it a nice upgrade.  Did they send your 4in coil back or just the 8inch coil?  I'd be upset if I didn't get my 4in coil back...what if it was a family heirloom? 😎 

Ultra 4 coil is good...I prefer the 5in DD myself, but it is a performer no doubt about it.   I think you will enjoy it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 13, 2019 4:50 PM

%d bloggers like this:

Working

Please Login or Register