Forum

Tek-Point is kinda ...

NEW FORUM LAYOUT!  PASSWORD MUST BE RESET!!! 

Use the Lost Your Password? option on the login/sign-in screen to make a new password.

NEW FORUM BOOKMARK = http://thehuntergt.com/wordpress/community

(I saw a couple of posts made right as I switched.  Feel free to repost.  They were lost sorry.)

Tek-Point is kinda annoying....  

RSS
King Cnut
(@king-cnut)

Sorry for the title, but it has to be said. For some reason mine just loooooves to chirp nonstop. It does this on ALL sensitivity settings, and whether I ground balance it or not. Sometimes I get lucky and it'll shut up unless it's on target, but usually it's just slowly beeping when it's on the ground nowhere near metal. I've also tried freq shifting to make sure it's not interfering with my patriot, no joy. There's certain things about my tek that I prefer over my Garrett carrot , but this is a real annoyance sometimes. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted : May 22, 2018 4:01 PM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

I'd send it in if it does that on all freq settings and all sens settings (low/med/high).  Warranty is still good (obviously) and they will get you a new one in a matter of a few days.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2018 4:07 PM
jsulateskee
(@jsulateskee)

It sounds like you might have gotten a dud. I'd send it back. I'm sure they'll get you all taken care of.

Garrett AT Pro & Tesoro Mojave

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2018 10:51 PM
Coldnosed
(@coldnosed)

Mine will do similar in max sensitivity, but re-tune shuts it up.

The above should be interpreted as a protege offering information to the group for verification, or correction. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 23, 2018 1:00 AM
Sadhvacman
(@sadhvacman)

Me and the Tek-Point haven’t fully meshed yet. I’ve only been out with it 5-6 times because of all the dang rain here in Northwest Georgia. There are days it works flawlessly, or perhaps those are days that I’m just unknowingly using it properly. But there are days and times in my yard when I’ve wanted to slam it into a pine tree and my son has to save the day with his trx. At this point I’m calling it a user error issue. I’m pretty sure mine is the latest version. I’ve read the manual more than once. Watched Teknetics manual video and John’s instructional on it, both multiple times. But I get it out in the field and really can’t remember the order of toggling through the settings or what I ate for breakfast either. I need to sit down again and go through it until I really get it memorized. Sometimes I turn down the sensitivity to quieten it down and then it will only detect metal an inch away like it’s a friggin harbor freight. I know I’m not turning it on near metal. But again I’m hoping it’s my inexperience with it. 

We’ll see

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2019 11:47 PM
FunGus
(@fungus)

I would like to try the Tek-Point ,but with two 9 volt detectors the carrot is good at draining that last bit of battery when I feel it is to low to use them in the detector. That may change if the carrot dies someday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2019 3:36 AM
oldtimerocker52
(@oldtimerocker52)

i thought about buying a better pinpointer  (i have a bounty hunter pinpointer) the 1 i have only reaches maybe an inch to inch and a half. the real problem i have with it is the sound is not luod enough only way i can hear it is if i hold it right against my ear. it does vibrate though but anyway what i was getting at is i only use a pinpointer as a last resort anyway so the lower range is all i need i have watched guys with the garretts which must reach way deep they open the hole and from then on it is o pin pointer. i like the short range the more i use it if it had a long range i could just leave the detector home in the parks where everything is shallow as in recent drops. the first yr i had no pin pointer so i have lots of practice finding stuff visually.btw my bounty hunter p/p 1 does not chatter or false on me.

bounty hunter tracker 4 bounty hunter land ranger pro

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2019 6:30 AM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

I still use one of the prototypes (stupid deep) and a Gen 1...they were supposed to get me a Gen 2 after testing...but never did.  :dodgy:     All the ones I had in my possession were sold or given away.  Never did keep a Gen 2 for personal use.  Gave the one I was using to a buddy and went back to the Gen1.

Gen 1 will lock up if it boots on touching metal...requiring battery contact break to turn off...Gen 2 will not lock up.

2 best tips I can give are don't turn it on next to metal....and touch dirt and press the button if it starts falsing.   Usually fixes it.  

Nokta sent me the orange version of their PP...had the black Makro version.  This one has more sens settings I think.  Going to use it for a bit and see how badly I miss the Tek-Point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2019 10:44 AM
Green River Greg
(@green-river-greg)

My TP does this occasionally on the high sensitivity setting, I just briefly touch the button and it corrects itself. I've been running mine on low or medium because it's so crazy sensitive.

Teknetics Patriot,  Minuteman, Tek Point, White's Classic IDX
2019 CLAD totals so far 6.69 / SILVER - nada / GOLD - zilch

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 10, 2019 10:51 AM

%d bloggers like this:

Working

Please Login or Register