Forum

Royal Recirculating Sluice....  

RSS
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

Pretty sure I'm getting one of these in the next few weeks.  

30” Recirculating Sluice Box Kit

Small enough to take just about anywhere...powerful enough to get the job done.  Can be run as a sluice...highbanker...recirculator.

Just me and the son do it...the girl just comes along to play with the dogs and be outside.  So should be plenty for the two of us. 

Figure I will set it up in the garage and process the final buck or two on video...should be fun and make for some good viewing.    

Here is a neat video of it in running in a tub...similar to how I want to set up.

[video=youtube]

Posted : January 25, 2019 11:12 AM
DOUBLE D
(@double-d)

Really nice sluice !!  That should save a lot of time and hand work. I had no idea you could buy something like that so cheap.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 25, 2019 10:28 PM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

Yeah, the price is right on it.  I have sat down and looked at piecing one together (sluice - pump - stand...etc) but it came out to nearly the same price.  

They make a cool little drywasher too.  Will probably add that to the list by years end as well.  

Explorer

Fish and Game are the big crybabies out here.  Must be 300 feet from water to run a pump or motor...must not produce too much silt...blah blah.  They act like a guy with sluice box or a highbanker are going to ruin the fish population.  GTFO with that crap.  Large scale miners...sure...a single weekend prospector...bonkers to harass them.

So I figure with this...I can just go out in the desert claims and not worry about them.  Every BLM guy I've ever talked to was polite and told me to have fun.  Fish and Game = do you have ID?   

Anyways...here is a video of it in action.  Perfect size for me.  

[video=youtube]

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2019 3:12 AM
oldtimerocker52
(@oldtimerocker52)

from what i see and hear fish and game seems to be as bad as some police forces for using their job to make money for their employers.

bounty hunter tracker 4 bounty hunter land ranger pro

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2019 10:51 PM
jsulateskee
(@jsulateskee)

Looks like a really great unit! 

Have you taken a look at the Gold Hog units? They have some excellent equipment as well. 

Looking forward to more of those gold prospecting videos from you! 

Heavy pans my friend!

Garrett AT Pro & Tesoro Mojave

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 27, 2019 1:39 AM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

Yeah, the Gold Hog (and Keene) stuff is really good...and plenty of smaller companies make rad stuff too.   Hoping to get a little of this and that from each company to review and show off on video.  

Always liked the Royal stuff best for some reason...catches my eye the most when I browse their page.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 27, 2019 12:08 PM
jsulateskee
(@jsulateskee)

Hunter, 

Where did you like to prospect when you were out here in Colorado?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2019 1:41 AM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

Arkansas River east of Canon City on HWY 50...good gold there all the way up north on 285 (or 291)...to 24....to Leadville.  

Plenty of pull offs on that stretch...just make sure you are in a public area and not claimed or private property.  

Good spots up by Denver too but never really did much up there.  Cripple Creek area is another good area...but very claimed up so be 100%.

Hit up this website...tons of good info for Colorado.  

https://findinggoldincolorado.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 2, 2019 8:04 AM
jsulateskee
(@jsulateskee)

An excellent website, been a part of the FGIC facebook group and just purchased Kevin's book - a lot of really great information in there! Looking forward to more prospecting videos of you in Cali. 

Any chance you'll ever been searching for nuggets with the MD?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2019 1:43 AM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

Any chance you'll ever been searching for nuggets with the MD?

For sure.   😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2019 2:16 AM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

Thoughts become things.  Finally got the Royal setup in.  I will be assembling and playing around this week with it.  

My excitement level is through the roof!   

6737=1387 20190309 172547

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 9, 2019 12:20 PM
jsulateskee
(@jsulateskee)

Thoughts become things.  Finally got the Royal setup in.  I will be assembling and playing around this week with it.  

My excitement level is through the roof!   

Looking forward to seeing/hearing about it! I finally pulled the trigger and went with the Gold Hog Piglet. I got a great deal, one I couldn't pass up. I'm excited for you, sir - looking forward to seeing it perform in some videos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2019 12:30 AM
TheHunterGT
(@thehuntergt)

That's awesome Jack...that Piglet is really nice and can move a ton of dirt for its size.  Doc (owner of Gold Hog) makes the best mats on the market in my opinion...real science behind each one.  Can't wait to get out with that Flow Pan with that removable mat.

I was looking at the Gold Hog recirculating sluice.    https://www.goldhog.com/multisluice.htm

I love that it has dual mats.  It will 100% run more material that this Royal.   However, the price difference was a little much for me....$400 VS $250.   Being in California it is a headache dealing with Fish and Game who controls the waterways.  So this thing probably stays in my garage 95% of the time for clean-ups and the "cool factor" for videos.   

If in Colorado like you, where they are less strict, I probably would have went with it or a high-banker as well.  You made the right choice IMO.

Couple other reasons for me...for some reason Gold Hog did not have a booth!!!  I had $$$ burning a hole in my pocket!!!  

Also...when reading this Royal pamphlet...they mention about de-burring and "no sharp edges".    Being on blood thinners for the rest of my life that hit home for me.  Few sharp edges on the Flow Pan I already took a file and sandpaper too.  Last thing I want to do is bleed out in a river.  I want to go out in a gunfight with baddies or a 15 flip 150mph crash....not prospecting!    😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2019 2:03 AM

%d bloggers like this:

Working

Please Login or Register