teknetics patriot nail test
(11-18-2018, 02:31 AM)silvertime44 Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 12:06 AM)silvertime44 Wrote: another update on long nail test , bought new 12 d penny and 16 d penny nails straight steel nails with out any coatings or galvanized , same results on 11 inch coil no sound on  zinc penny even raised my shoe box higher of floor no sound and even put my patriot on my couch and kitchen table with coil over edge and then taped the 12 and 16  nails with penny next to them and then waved the cardboard in front of coil no sound on penny's , tried all different settings again no sound on the penny's  , i did even purchase  a fisher f75 5 inch coil to try on the nail testing with the patriot  and got same results as the 11 inch coil  no sound at all from the 5 inch coil even when penny was above or below nail  tried all settings i can think of again no sound  on penny's and did same thing with shoe box being higher of floor and with patriot on couch and kitchen table with coil over edge and waived the cardboard with nail and penny's next to them no sound on pennys again ,  the 11 inch and 5 inch coils wiill make a sound on  the pennys  if the  nails are vertical , but long nail  tests there is no sound, right now the 5x10 dd coil is doing the best  on the long nail tests even on the bigger 16 d nail i tried on long nail test it will still make a sound on the pennys above or below nail on long test with back or front of coil depending on were the pennys are and thats with discriminating nail at 8 and even  if i put discrimination as hi as 17 the 5x10 coil with still sound on the pennys on the 12 and 16 nail, ok thanks

update redid the nail tests with fisher f75 5 inch dd coil on the patriot  with a smaller box in height than my shoe box in my living room and now for some reason the 5 inch coil hits the zinc penny and Indian head penny really good now on the 12 d and 16 d  on the long nail test with with just de mode , and changed sensitivity and threshold and tones to see what would happen and even got discrimination up near 30 and the 5 inch coil was still hitting on both pennys next to the nail then rechecked the test with 11 inch coil again and same results as before no sound at all on pennys even with trying different settings in de mode, and then rechecked test with 5x10 coil and still got same results as before the coil will still hit on the pennys even with discrimination as hi as 17 in de mode , the 5 inch coil to me seems a little bit better i think than the 5x 10 coil on the test, but less ground cover , ok thanks

another update redid long nail test on 5 coil and 5x10 coil using just de -3 threshold sensitivity 60 and all tones the 5 inch coil hit the penny's on both nails , even with penny being above or below on the 12d  and 16d nail and with discrimination maxed out at 65 on the patriot it hit the penny's, also noticed 1 tone 1f and 2f would sound on the penny's ok but wasnt the best sounding but 3h and 4h to me sounded alot better sounding and hit better 1 tone seemed like it kinda would break up a liitle bit more on audio it wasnt solid sounding  . did try switching over to sl mode to with 5 coil on nail test the penny's just completely disappeared  ,even with lower discrimination , the 5x10 i could max out discrimination as hi as 65 it would still hit the pennys but it would kinda break up more on the pennys and nails but when i lowered the disc down to 58 it seemed to hit the  pennys better on the 12 and 16 nails, but 1 tone 1f and 2f were ok sounding but not the best sounding seemed again the 3h and 4h hit it better and sounded better on the pennys, ok thanks
The following 3 users Like silvertime44's post:
  • Coldnosed, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
(11-18-2018, 05:24 AM)silvertime44 Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 02:31 AM)silvertime44 Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 12:06 AM)silvertime44 Wrote: another update on long nail test , bought new 12 d penny and 16 d penny nails straight steel nails with out any coatings or galvanized , same results on 11 inch coil no sound on  zinc penny even raised my shoe box higher of floor no sound and even put my patriot on my couch and kitchen table with coil over edge and then taped the 12 and 16  nails with penny next to them and then waved the cardboard in front of coil no sound on penny's , tried all different settings again no sound on the penny's  , i did even purchase  a fisher f75 5 inch coil to try on the nail testing with the patriot  and got same results as the 11 inch coil  no sound at all from the 5 inch coil even when penny was above or below nail  tried all settings i can think of again no sound  on penny's and did same thing with shoe box being higher of floor and with patriot on couch and kitchen table with coil over edge and waived the cardboard with nail and penny's next to them no sound on pennys again ,  the 11 inch and 5 inch coils wiill make a sound on  the pennys  if the  nails are vertical , but long nail  tests there is no sound, right now the 5x10 dd coil is doing the best  on the long nail tests even on the bigger 16 d nail i tried on long nail test it will still make a sound on the pennys above or below nail on long test with back or front of coil depending on were the pennys are and thats with discriminating nail at 8 and even  if i put discrimination as hi as 17 the 5x10 coil with still sound on the pennys on the 12 and 16 nail, ok thanks

update redid the nail tests with fisher f75 5 inch dd coil on the patriot  with a smaller box in height than my shoe box in my living room and now for some reason the 5 inch coil hits the zinc penny and Indian head penny really good now on the 12 d and 16 d  on the long nail test with with just de mode , and changed sensitivity and threshold and tones to see what would happen and even got discrimination up near 30 and the 5 inch coil was still hitting on both pennys next to the nail then rechecked the test with 11 inch coil again and same results as before no sound at all on pennys even with trying different settings in de mode, and then rechecked test with 5x10 coil and still got same results as before the coil will still hit on the pennys even with discrimination as hi as 17 in de mode , the 5 inch coil to me seems a little bit better i think than the 5x 10 coil on the test, but less ground cover , ok thanks

another update redid long nail test on 5 coil and 5x10 coil using just de -3 threshold sensitivity 60 and all tones the 5 inch coil hit the penny's on both nails , even with penny being above or below on the 12d  and 16d nail and with discrimination maxed out at 65 on the patriot it hit the penny's, also noticed 1 tone 1f and 2f would sound on the penny's ok but wasnt the best sounding but 3h and 4h to me sounded alot better sounding and hit better 1 tone seemed like it kinda would break up a liitle bit more on audio it wasnt solid sounding  . did try switching over to sl mode to with 5 coil on nail test the penny's just completely disappeared  ,even with lower discrimination , the 5x10 i could max out discrimination as hi as 65 it would still hit the pennys but it would kinda break up more on the pennys and nails but when i lowered the disc down to 58 it seemed to hit the  pennys better on the 12 and 16 nails, but 1 tone 1f and 2f were ok sounding but not the best sounding seemed again the 3h and 4h hit it better and sounded better on the pennys, ok thanks

Glad to see you are doing some experiments and seeing what setting does what with each coil.  However, the disc setting of 65 should definitely knock out zinc pennies to where they are not audible.  Make sure you do a factory reset when changing coils (hold PP and menu when turning on).
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 2 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • JConis, oldtimerocker52
sounds like a super complicates detector to me.  i still think learning the machine by actually getting out and detecting is the way to go. it seems with all those different settings a guy could spend a lifetime on 1 plot of land trying all the different variables wavailable with that detector. i started with a tracker 4 then went to a LRP in coins mode then again in preset mode 4 each time i got targets i missed previously. also i got more stuff when i went to using headphones. so to me there is such a thing as to complicated.
bounty hunter tracker 4 bounty hunter land ranger pro
The following 3 users Like oldtimerocker52's post:
  • Dogjello, FunGus, TheHunterGT
In comparison to a XP...CTX...V3i....not much to a Patriot.  If setup correctly...there may not be a need to go back over the same area (in theory).
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 1 user Likes TheHunterGT's post:
  • oldtimerocker52
(11-19-2018, 03:08 PM)TheHunterGT Wrote: In comparison to a XP...CTX...V3i....not much to a Patriot.  If setup correctly...there may not be a need to go back over the same area (in theory).

Agree 100%, I played with a CTX in Sept .... Holy cow, just about need a computer science degree with a minor in metallurigy to understand what all it offers. My f-70 is pretty plain in comparison.
Saving history one signal at a time with :
Fisher F70, F44 & The F-PULSE
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Teknetics Liberator
The following 3 users Like JConis's post:
  • Dogjello, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
(11-19-2018, 04:26 PM)JConis Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 03:08 PM)TheHunterGT Wrote: In comparison to a XP...CTX...V3i....not much to a Patriot.  If setup correctly...there may not be a need to go back over the same area (in theory).

Agree 100%, I played with a CTX in Sept .... Holy cow, just about need a computer science degree with a minor in metallurigy to understand what all it offers. My f-70 is pretty plain in comparison.

hunter i always did a factory reset when i changed the coils, but for some reason i still could get the zinc penny at hi disc at 60 or higher on the long nail tests with the 5 coil and 5x10 coill in de mode but not on vertical at same time i had to lower down disc to 21 were i mostly hunt in anyway and both coils hit on the penny on long nail test and vertical at the same time , biggest thing with me is why my 11 inch coil is not picking up the zinc penny or Indian head on the long nail tests like you did in your comparison video patriot vs garrett at max iam just stumped why its not working , i am not really worried to much about these tests  the patriot is probably the best detector i ve ever owned, a lot places i thought were cleaned out the last 10 years the patriot is pulling in old coins again out of the ground were ive seen garretts ,minelabs xp and whites detectors going over same spots in past and present,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digitek on the test bed DIGITEKKRIS 4 862 02-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Coldnosed