Funny thread...
A little fun rant post.  Big Grin   

So remember that Deteknix drama a few months back?

A member here was looking for advice on a detector purchase.   I pitched him FTP obviously, as that was who sponsored me at the time (and I still sell Teknetics).  

Since he WAS asking about Teknetics detectors (among others)....I figured it could be a slam dunk sale.  

However, other members jmaclen and Indian Head pitched him on detectors from Deteknix.  All good.  A little rude maybe as I WAS trying to land a sale since the dude WAS here asking about a Teknetics detector.  

The dude ended up buying a "Deteknix" Quest 40 or Pro...I can't remember.  He regretted it after hearing about the lawsuits and T2 ripoff...and was apologetic with no reason to be.   Buy whatever the heck ya want man...it's your money...not mine.   Unless I get commission LOL...then its mine too.  Tongue 

Sooooo...remember how Indian Head and jmaclen started defending Deteknix with how rad and savory they were?  Trying to spin the legal matters as no big deal?   Started bashing FTP with how they had button issues and no returned emails blah blah.   Like...why on Earth are you here if you hate First Texas and I am CLEARLY sponsored by them (at the time)???    

I posted this is probably not the forum for you if you want to vendor bash....especially since that vendor sponsors me (at the time).   Simple stuff even a child could understand.  You don't go into a sponsored forum and talk bad about the sponsor....while trumpeting a brand the sponsor sued...and won.   

Sooooo that's the funny part!!!   Deteknix (or Quest) is being sued a whopping 3rd time since being in the US.   They have now apparently pulled a Tesoro and closed shop.  Going one better by not answering any phone or email contacts from customers.   Even better yet...lead guy "Jason" has quit the company and flown back to China.   Most likely to continue ripping off other products in some capacity.

Link to a post on Friendly Forums below.   Sorry to be petty...but sometimes it is just too much fun.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin   

Note member "Sven" posting in link below...he was one of Deteknix shills similar to John Edmonton for Garrett.  (Shill meaning being paid behind the scenes or getting free product...but never admitting it.  Acting like a non-sponsor.  Deplorable.)  Even he seems to have come to the sad conclusion Deteknix sucks.

Even jmaclen tries to help by posting company info....but alas....Deteknix has ripped off others hard work since day one....and now packed up and went back to China after being exposed 3X.   

Excuse my language....but all of that is fucking hilarious for my dry sense of humor.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin    

Anyways...here is the link.   http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=269989
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 5 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • DOUBLE D, FunGus, JConis, jsulateskee, oldtimerocker52
there seem to be quite a number of people who post on youtube that work for garrett. and as i said before even go so far as to seed the area they are detecting to make it it seem like all you have to do is bring a garrett into a area with treasure and start digging. maybe garretts would not be so dammed expensive if they did'nt have so many people on the payroll.
bounty hunter tracker 4 bounty hunter land ranger pro
The following 1 user Likes oldtimerocker52's post:
  • DOUBLE D
I won a deteknix product on a FB group and forefitted it to the next. On principal alone. China rip offs in no way will ever be better for anyone, especially us in the USA!!
Saving history one signal at a time with :
Fisher F70, F44 & The F-PULSE
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Teknetics Liberator
The following 3 users Like JConis's post:
  • DOUBLE D, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
Good stuff Hunter .....we can all chuckle along with you on that one.  Big Grin    I do feel bad for the innocent people that just didn't know   Undecided
The following 2 users Like DOUBLE D's post:
  • oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
(02-07-2019, 08:07 AM)DOUBLE D Wrote: Good stuff Hunter .....we can all chuckle along with you on that one.  Big Grin    I do feel bad for the innocent people that just didn't know   Undecided
Ya know so do I.  jmaclen and Indian Head were ok dudes and honestly, I wish they stuck around.  I realize many people are brand loyal types and they both loved their Deteknix...I get it for sure.  
My only issue was them derailing the thread (and a possible sale) in a rude manner...and brand bashing.  That was a no-no.  
Other than that...never had an issue and they could have stuck around and Deteknix it all up til the cows came home.   

Oh well...bygones are bygones and it was a couple months back.   Seeing that thread at Friendly just reminded me about it.

Now if I could only get somebody to send me a Deteknix Quest 20/40/Pro for review....lmao
Fisher = F75+ 
The following 3 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • DOUBLE D, JConis, oldtimerocker52
The way it sounds like its going for Quest,  You might find one of their detectors at a yard sale for 50 bucks..... 16
The following 2 users Like DOUBLE D's post:
  • oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
(02-08-2019, 06:30 AM)DOUBLE D Wrote: The way it sounds like its going for Quest,  You might find one of their detectors at a yard sale for 50 bucks..... 16

You are probably right...the re-sale value of them just took a huge hit.   Amazon and Kellyco and others still seem to have them ready for sale though.   Wonder how much stock they have....and if new supplies from China will be a thing...or if they just abandon the US market totally like Sven mentioned in the other post.    

Poor Sven lol.....he once said "Nobody with less than 20 years in the hobby should give advice"....an idiotic statement that "Monte" from AHRPS agreed with.  Yet there he was shilling for thieves and Chinese rip-off artists.  Lost all credibility with me with his first idiotic quote...double so when he backed Deteknix as the next best thing.   

I mean hell...the price and performance on the 20/40 models is not terrible...I will even admit that.   I would not fault somebody for buying one after watching the Gen 2 videos and reviews of them.  

These "new" ones are absolutely better than the Gen 1 that Metal Detector Guy ripped a new one.   Watch the last 10 seconds lol...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ghcoc6Aobg

Feel bad for the people needing warranty repair or whatever...ship back to China?  No thanks....
Fisher = F75+ 
The following 3 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • DOUBLE D, JConis, oldtimerocker52
Remind me not to loan him one of my detectors...... Shocked
The following 4 users Like DOUBLE D's post:
  • FunGus, JConis, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
This was entertaining, thanks for sharing! ; ) I almost bought one of those machines back in the day but ended up going with FTP thanks to Hunter and I've never looked back! 

I also chuckle because Jmaclen was the one giving me crap about digging in my videos and such (even though I had the permission to and all that good stuff) 

You're a good dude, Hunter - we all know it! I trust your word when it comes to metal detectors and will always ask you first before spending that $$$$
Garrett AT Pro & Tesoro Mojave
The following 5 users Like jsulateskee's post:
  • Dogjello, DOUBLE D, JConis, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT