My first prospecting trip in Colorado 2015
Got some decent color in the pan...was enough to keep me hooked on it.  My son really enjoyed it as well.  Sold the Keene A52 as it was a bit much for me at the time....being fresh out of 9 surgeries and 14 stents from 2014...every ounce matters climbing up and down steep banks.  Wish I still had it now that I am feeling better and in better shape.  

This was just east of Canon City....past the Texas Creek area.   Public area...just pulled off and prospected.  

[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 7 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • Coldnosed, Dogjello, DOUBLE D, dsorgnzd, JConis, jsulateskee, oldtimerocker52
a quote..." Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold "  by Leo Tolsty  That is some beautiful country.....
The following 3 users Like DOUBLE D's post:
  • Goldie, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
Beautiful and very unforgiving.  I would see many places that surely had gold...but no way to get to them without climbing gear and a death wish.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 2 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • DOUBLE D, oldtimerocker52
As with so many sports and hobbies including detecting. Its not always the finding or success that we get our enjoyment from. As the years have passed by I find myself yearning for the experience more than the prize.    BUT THE PRIZE IS ALWAYS PRETTY NICE !!     Big Grin
The following 2 users Like DOUBLE D's post:
  • Goldie, oldtimerocker52